IQ-Series Analyser V2
In countless studios all over the world, the IQ-Series Analyser has become an essential tool for spectrum and sound analysis. With Version 2 it has grown even more powerful and sets standards in respect of workflow, possibilities and precision.
The HOFA IQ-Series Analyser is the perfect plugin to compare the frequency ranges of different audio tracks. For example, it‘s really easy to localize problems caused by frequency overlays.
The new generation of the IQ-Series Analyser shows – like its predecessor – the frequency range as peak, hold, RMS and energy curves. The energy curve shows the frequency range considering the time factor.
Reference curves from various styles of music are onboard and you can also create and save your own references.
In addition, innovative features like high resolution frequency analysis, simultaneous analysis of multiple live-signals in one display, continuous frequency zoom or the interaction with the IQ-Series EQ make the HOFA IQ-Series Analyser an indispensable tool for anyone who wants a capable partner for his ears.
Features V2.0.19 (changelog):
- new in V2 Update September 2015:
- network functionality for connection with new IQ-Series Analyser (Standalone)
- automatic detection of peaks and dips
- use of track names from host DAW (only with Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo)
- ISP switch directly in meter display
- optional font size scaling for very large windows
- new in V2 Update June 2015:
- signal types M/S and L/R (double curves)
- all reference curves are available as mid, side, left and right signal
- analysing (multiple) files can be done in background without blocking the DAW
- sine tones can be played from virtual keyboard
- zoom handling imroved (+/- buttons, zoom presets)
- mouseover buttons to switch on/off analyser, frequency correlator, meter, goniometer
- meter colour can be selected
- multiple lines can be soloed
- signal processing of parts that are not displayed is turned off
- performance optimization and improved display of frequency correlator
- new in V2:
- high resolution analysis of the frequency range
- filter bank technology for 100 % precision (even at low frequencies!)
- selectable display resolution (from high resolution to octave band)
- simultaneous analysis of multiple live-signals
- shows multiple instances in one display (e.g.drums/instruments/vocals)
- continuous frequency zoom with always 121 metering points in the selected range
- IQ-Series Analyser marks can be passed to IQ-Series EQ
- selectable input signal (mid, side, left, right)
- twice as many reference curves for different styles of music
- management of references with sub folders
- optional auto clear on playback start
- adjustable slope to allow showing pink or white noise as flat
- innovative 31 band frequency correlator
- RMS meter
- meter only mode
- direct analysis via drag & drop in Cubase and Nuendo (new in V2: Logic)
- direct analysis via drag & drop of .wav, .aif, .mp3, .flac, .ogg out of Explorer or Finder
- analyser with peak, hold, RMS and energy curves
- goniometer and correlator
- precise metering (peak, hold, EBU, LRA, RMS)
- individual reference curves can be generated
- adjustable plugin window size
- supports all common sample rates and works without latency
- Support for PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs
The HOFA IQ-Series Analyser provides for:
- sophisticated sound analysis with the innovative curve list
- balanced mixes and masterings – even if your monitoring situation is not optimal
- perfect EQ and compressor settings with less temporal and technical effort
- fast detection of the relevant points of the sound frequency quickly
- better understanding of audio engineering – at the analysis of your mixes and other productions a lot of issues will become much clearer
- planned approach at recording, mixing and mastering by the use of high-precision frequencies- and volume indicators (also EBU-Scale)
- consistent quality at all your studio work – reference curves open up brand new control capabilities
- better sounds even at live concerts because of its work without latency
- The software can be activated and used on two machines at the same time with the HOFA-Plugins Manager. It is possible to deactivate licenses and transfer them to another machine. Also, HOFA plugins can be activated and used offline. A description of the activation and deactivation process is available here.
- The same flash drive can be used for our and other plugin developers' USB-licenses.
- HOFA Plugins work with Windows 7/8/10, Vista and WinXP, as well as Intel-Mac from OS X 10.6.
- Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX, 32 and 64 Bit.
- HOFA Plugins are tested constantly on the following DAWs:
Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, MOTU Digital Performer, Ableton Live, Apple Logic, Magix Samplitude/Sequoia, Avid Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar, Presonus Studio One, Cockos Reaper, FL Studio
User feedback & press reviews:
I've been looking for a precisely and reliably working analyser and found it with the IQ-Series Analyser. I wouldn't want to work without, it's in use everyday - annoying frequencies are quickly discovered and my productions sound better now.
I´d like to say you scored a big hit again! The IQ-Series Analyser is just the tool that I've always wanted.
At the very first test he has unmasked one hihat, which did its mischief in the lower midrange ;-)
This will certainly be - together with the IQ-Series EQ - my absolute standard tool.
I bought the IQ-Series Analyser two days ago and am impressed! The analyser is a real enrichment!
"... comes up with many helpful and previously unknown features. The analysis of frequency response and loudness in mixing and mastering is now possible at the highest level."
"HOFA again shows its innovative capacity and enhances a seemingly trivial display tool with more powerful, partly unique possibilities.
Value for money: very good - outstanding"
“The IQ-Series Analyser V2 by HOFA-Plugins has become a very powerful measuring tool.
Excellent work, gentlemen!”