Everyone who is longing for a new way* and simply the best compression for vocals, drums, bass and mastering won’t be able to avoid this plugin.
We equipped a compressor with intelligence to achieve perfect results for all sorts of audio material. No matter if vocals, drums or other instruments: The HOFA IQ-Comp permanently adjusts all the relevant settings to fit the musical needs. Therefore it delivers the sonically best compression, depending on your settings.
*Beyond all that, this is the world’s only compressor that is able to link the gain reduction with the integrated equalizer if needed.
This feature allows you to boost e.g. the bass frequencies of the singer at the loudest parts and allows you to use completely new EQ variants depending on the compressors gain reduction e.g. while compressing drums.
Intelligent compression & totally new options
HOFA IQ-Comp – 1st Flavored Compression
Features V2.0.14 (changelog):
- compressor with supremely intelligent/adaptive attack-, release- und ratio-settings
- new in V2 adaptive AUTO-mode
- new in V2 two compression modes, CALM & ROUGH
- simple handling, concise representation
- optimized for maximum compression with minimal artifacts (in your face & classic 80’s British console buss compressor sound)
- mono, stereo, dual mono, MS (Lat Vert) operation modes, sidechaining and parallel-compression
- new in V2 look-ahead for compression to catch transient
- innovative link-up of gain reduction with the two onboard EQs
- allows precise equalisation according to the compressor’s gain reduction
- arbitrary shelving and peak filters can be used on the FlavorEQs
- new in V2 Flavor presets for quick results in the most common applications
- EQ look ahead function for maximum transient punch
- new in V2 sidechain filter for controlled compression without pumping
- innovative level & frequency reduction display for ideal optical control
- changeable plugin window size
- “set as default” preset
- supports all common sample frequencies
- PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs
The HOFA IQ-Comp provides for:
- a very dense vocal- and drum sound without technical artifacts
- simple realisation of “warm”, “colourful” or simply novel and experimental compression sounds
- new in V2 stable and transient rich drum sounds even when played very dynamically
- “triggered EQ” when mixing real drums:
e.g. while processing the snare track the hihat remains gentle even if a lot of high frequencies are added
- subtle to heavy dynamic processing, if necessary linked with precise to radical EQing
- many innovative and accurate intervention options during mastering by use of CompLinkEqs in conjunction with MS processing, parallel compression, look ahead …
- new in V2 ahead compression combined with oversampled clipping for high loudness when mastering rock and pop
- new in V2 controlled compression without pumping due to two sidechain filters
- The software can be activated and used on two machines at the same time with the HOFA-Plugins Manager. It is possible to deactivate licenses and transfer them to another machine. Also, HOFA plugins can be activated and used offline. A description of the activation and deactivation process is available here.
- The same flash drive can be used for our and other plugin developers' USB-licenses.
- Be fair - BUY THE SOFTWARE YOU'RE USING!
- HOFA Plugins work with Windows 7/8/10, Vista and WinXP, as well as Intel-Mac from OS X 10.6.
- Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS und AAX, 32 und 64 Bit.
- HOFA Plugins are tested constantly on the following DAWs:
Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, MOTU Digital Performer, Ableton Live, Apple Logic, Magix Samplitude/Sequoia, Avid Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar, Presonus Studio One, Cockos Reaper
Download: Click here to download the plugin.
Purchase: The IQ-Comp is available here: | GO BUNDLE! >>
HOFA IQ-Comp V2: only 129,90 € (incl. 12,00 € voucher)
Upgrade from IQ-Comp V1: If you purchased IQ-Comp after 1 January 2013 the upgrade is free.
All other IQ-Comp users get the update for only 39,90 € at HOFA-Plugins Shop.
For current dollar pricing visit www.hofa-shop.com.
Press comments & tests:
It quickly becomes clear which opportunities this compressor offers. E.g. it can transform a quite powerless drum track into a punchy performance … The possibilities seem limitless, without leading to a complicated handling.
+ clearly arranged interface + outstanding sound + easy handling
There are numerous useful functions which the competitors cannot provide. In addition you find a well-packed library with presets for the most applications. The IQ-Comp handles all challenges with an outstanding sound.
+ good over-all sound + flexible applications for all fields of audio production + M/S compression
Versatile and musically deployable: IQ-Comp has been strongly improved for V2. Due to the Flavor EQs it is easy to use, even for beginners.
+++ versatile functionality +++ transparent sound ++ easy handling
Sound & Recording
At an attractive price, you get a very powerful compressor whose strengths come to play at a variety of applications.
Even drastic processing still sounds “musical”. Its remarkable flexibility makes this intuitive mixing and mastering tool an interesting alternative to multiband compressors.
Evaluation: 6 of 6 points / Editor´s recommendation
Using the IQ-Comp is really easy. It is an unobtrusively working compressor that – with its possibility of simulaneously tweaking the sound – has the making of a secret weapon.
.. should be standard in many studios.
value for money: „very good – outstanding“ | overall mark: „top of the range – very good“
Though extremely easy to use, the IQ-Comp is able to handle the most complex audio material, even when other plugins already had to throw in the towel.
Professional Audio Editors Choice 2012
Thanks to the adaptability of attack, release and ratio, the signal´s dynamics can be reduced without having any pumping effects or affecting the sound at all.
…good results, easy to use, versatile and flexible.
You can find the complete reviews in German language here
For further questions please call +49 7251 3472-444 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOFA wishes you much success and a lot of fun with your productions.