The HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser is the best tool for editing harsh sibilance in vocals or in an entire mix. The specialised and very natural sounding voice recognition makes the IQ-Series DeEsser easy to use and very intuitive.
HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser – DeEssing in its most natural form and a BUS mode that is second to none.
The groundbreaking BUS mode can control a selectable frequency range with extraordinary precision.
This makes the IQ-Series DeEsser a game changer for mixing and mastering.
The integrated voice recognition algorithm can control sibilants in a very transparent and effective way.
The vocal sound remains natural and authentic, even with heavy processing.
The plugin has 3 editing modes for individual tracks and a BUS mode which works with a different and absolutely new algorithm: the frequency range is monitored in high resolution and frequency peaks are attenuated.
Features V1.0.5 (changelog):
- custom-made voice recognition by HOFA for precise attenuation of unpleasant sibilance
- 4 Modes for different applications:
- WIDE – the standard for successful vocal de-essing
- DARK – perfect for bright vocals
- PEAK – hissing and resonating sibilance are history
- BUS – ideal for mix groups, mastering, stems and unbalanced vocal- & instrument sounds
- support for Mac and PC, 32- and 64-bit DAWs
HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser:
- intelligent processing of high-frequency content
- attenuation of aggressive frequencies in vocals, speech, instruments & entire mixes
- very natural vocal sound, even with heavy gain reduction
- great results with simple operation
- You can use the HOFA-Plugins Manager to install and activate the software on two machines at the same time. It is possible to deactivate licenses and transfer them to another machine. HOFA plugins can be activated and used offline. A description of the activation and deactivation process is available here.
- Licenses on USB flash drives can be used alongside the licenses from other plugin manufacturers.
- HOFA plugins are compatible with Windows 7/8/10, as well as Intel® Macs (64 bit) with OS X 10.8 up to macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- Audio Unit, VST, VST3 and AAX, 32 and 64 Bit.
- We constantly test HOFA Plugins with the following DAWs:
Ableton Live, Apple Logic, Avid Pro Tools, Bitwig, Cockos Reaper, Image Line FL Studio, Magix Samplitude/Sequoia, Presonus Studio One, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab
User feedback & press reviews:
“I have tested your DeEsser extensively and would like to give you great praise! I have been doing studio work for a long time and I am absolutely stoked about this tool! I have been searching for a long time and have not found anything that is so easy to use and works so efficiently. I record digitally, but with the help of the HOFA DeEsser, I can achieve a sound that comes very close to the old warmth.”
I Love how easy it is to get really good and transparent results with the Hofa IQ-Series DeEsser. Really smooth for vocals. Also love how it handles Guitars Squeaks from acoustic guitars as well as a subtle DeEsser on the Master Bus. A winner and a new go-to DeEsser!
Audio Engineer (Bonnie Tylor, Blue, Lykke Li, How I Met Your Mother)
The IQ-Series DeEsser processes “parselmouths” so efficiently and unobtrusively – it’s almost a miracle.
… With the IQ-Series DeEsser, HOFA is joining the ranks of manufacturers that came up with a real technical innovation in 2015. (…) an extremely powerful tool that is easy to use …
Editors Choice 2015 – Professional Audio
I probably spent cumulative years while trying all sorts of de-esser plugins and painstakingly tweaking them.
IQ-Series DeEsser: basically a one knob (threshold) formula which does the trick in no-time. And the best part: No “sss'” are turning into “fff’s”. Bring on the sibilant vocals now!! :)
Credits: Chrissie Hynde, Robbie Robertson, George Lucas, Gary Rydstrom, Zack Snyder, Damien Chazelle
You clearly have the best de-esser on the market and I had no choice but to purchase it. I’ve tested all others and it’s clear your de-esser gives me the ability to get the most natural results quickly. Thank you.
song writer/ arranger/ producer/ recording and mixing engineer/ choir director and teacher
Trinidad and Tobago
When I used your DeEsser for the first time, I totally freaked out. The processing and the results are simply sensational! Finally a DeEsser that really works. Awesome!
Producer | Singer | Songwriter | Drummer | Guitarist
Current references: drummer (Andrea Berg) & guitarist and singer (Michael Patrick Kelly BAND)