The HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser is the new tool for editing harsh sibilants in vocals or in the whole mix. With a specialized and very natural working voice recognition the IQ-Series DeEsser is very easy to use and even more intuitive.
Furthermore, an innovative BUS-Mode can control an adjustable frequency range in extraordinary precision.
All this makes IQ-Series DeEsser a game changer in mixing and mastering.
The integrated voice recognition is able to control all kinds of sibilants (s, sh, ts, …) completely smooth and effective. The vocal sound remains natural and authentic even with strong reduction.
Besides the 3 modes for editing individual tracks, there is a BUS-Mode which works on a completely different and absolutely novel algorithm:
a high resolution monitoring and processing defuses all occurring frequency peaks simultaneously.
HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser – DeEssing in its most natural way and a BUS-Mode that has no equal.
Features V1.0.4 (changelog):
- HOFA custom-made voice recognition for precise working on unpleasant consonants
- 4 Modes for different applications:
- WIDE – a standard for successful Vocal-Track DeEssing
- DARK – performs miracles on too bright vocals
- PEAK – hissing and resonating sibilants are history
- BUS – ideal for mixgroups, mastering, stems and unbalanced vocal- & instrumentalsounds
- support for Mac and PC, 32- and 64-bit DAWs
HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser provides for:
- intelligent management of high-frequency sounds
- decreasing aggressive sounds in vocals, voice, instruments & mixings
- natural presentation of fricatives and sibilants
- best results combined with easiest handling
- The software can be activated and used on two machines at the same time with the HOFA-Plugins Manager. It is possible to deactivate licenses and transfer them to another machine. Also, HOFA plugins can be activated and used offline. A description of the activation and deactivation process is available here.
- The same flash drive can be used for our and other plugin developers' USB-licenses.
- HOFA Plugins work with Windows 7/8/10, Vista and WinXP, as well as Intel-Mac from OS X 10.6.
- Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX, 32 and 64 Bit.
- HOFA Plugins are tested constantly on the following DAWs:
Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, MOTU Digital Performer, Ableton Live, Apple Logic, Magix Samplitude/Sequoia, Avid Pro Tools, Cakewalk Sonar, Presonus Studio One, Cockos Reaper, FL Studio
Info: Click here to download the manual.
HOFA IQ-Series DeEsser: only 99,90 €
IQ-Series DeEsser: basically a one knob (threshold) formula which does the trick in no-time. And the best part: No “sss'” are turning into “fff’s”. Bring on the sibilant vocals now!! 🙂
Credits: Chrissie Hynde, Robbie Robertson, George Lucas, Gary Rydstrom, Zack Snyder, Damien Chazelle
… with the IQ-Series DeEsser, HOFA is one of those manufacturers that come up with technical innovations in 2015. (…) an extremely powerful tool with easiest handling …
Editors Choice 2015 – Professional Audio
… designated “parselmouths” are pressed so efficiently and unobtrusively, that it’s almost a miracle.
You can find the complete reviews in German language here